Senior Producer, The Botttom Line with Dagen & Duffy
Fox Corporation, New York City, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox Business Network is looking for a sharp, strong, hardworking, creative, and confident Senior Producer to join The Bottom Line with Dagen & Duffy. As the Senior Producer you will be responsible for crafting the show from inception to execution. You must have impeccable editorial skills and a vision for the show before you walk into work. You're someone who is full of original ideas and thrives on the respectful exchange of those ideas in a collaborative editorial environment. You must be a strong, natural leader who can rally a team behind you in high-pressure situations. You are someone who loves making great television, is willing to work harder than anyone else to make it happen, and never settles for less.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set the editorial standard at the beginning of each day by building a show with original guests/topics/ideas
- Oversee bookers by offering suggestions and ensuring the right guests are secured
- Participate in editorial decisions for content for the show - day of and future
- Guide the production of segments throughout the day
- Take the lead in the control room while monitoring/reacting to breaking news
- Plan future shows/segments in anticipation of high-profile events
- Manage and develop Line Producers, Segment Producers, Writers and Production Assistants
- Ability to manage strong personalities, including talent
- Cooperate and communicate with anchors and producing team to make sure they are receiving the necessary research and elements
- Coordinate staffing, schedules and time cards
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 4 years of Line Producing (or similar) experience and degree in Journalism (or related field)
- Exceptional editorial skills; ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
- Experience overseeing teams of writers, AP's, assignment editors and producers
- Strong interest/knowledge of current events and politics
- Passion for storytelling with a strong creative drive; willingness to take risks
- Proven track record of leadership and the ability to create an environment that fosters teamwork
- Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
- Understanding of audience analytics and strategies for ratings growth
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $118,000.00-158,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Editorial Assistant, Geology, Anthropology, & Philosophy
W. W. Norton & Company, Inc., New York, NY USA