Fox Corporation, Tampa, Florida, USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox TV StationsFox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
FOX13-WTVT is looking for an experienced Research Manager.
If you LOVE TV and are passionate about data and telling its story, then FOX13’s Research Manager position may be perfect for you. Our content is distributed over the air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees, who believe in our vision
What You Will Need
- BA degree and 4+ years of experience in linear/digital audience research (or comparable work experience)
- Background and knowledge n television marketing, including competitive media, ratings/viewing calculations, estimate preparation, and qualitative measurement
- Familiarity with relevant software applications that extract data from primary sources (Nielsen Suite, comScore, etc.) and understanding of audience levels and viewing statistics
- Expert level proficiency with media-related software, including Wide Orbit, Scarborough, KANTAR Media, Media Monitors, Google Analytics, or other comparable software
- Hands-on experience with audience measurement and digital tracking methodologies
- Must have strong Excel skills and be highly comfortable with data. Excel formulas (IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, etc.), Pivot Tables, Macros, and create charts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Strong analytical skills - ability to collect, organize, and analyze significant amounts of data with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy and transform it into meaningful, actionable information.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure without sacrificing accuracy and work on a variety of different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable training staff on new software, measurement techniques, viewership, or research developments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Talent for leading remotely and developing relationships through virtual communications
- High level of attention to detail
- Sound organizational skill
The qualified candidate will be;
- Someone who enjoys being a part of creating sales materials that will be used by local and national sales, sales assistants, and station management.
- Someone with outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications with the overarching skill to translate data, information, and research into powerful stories that point advertisers in the right direction.
- Love's TV and are excited to work with cutting-edge technology.
- Visual wizard that creates executive-level presentations that include actionable insights and strategic recommendations.
- Communication coordinator that reports engagement and viewership across all FOX13 platforms - linear TV, FOX13 on Demand, and FOX13New.com/FOX apps, using various internal and syndicated data sources.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.