Digital Production Assistant, News Desk
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a motivated Digital Production Assistant, News Desk to be a part of a groundbreaking online news team for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com. As a Digital Production Assistant, News Desk, you can handle a fast-paced environment and are creative, flexible and have a ''can-do'' attitude. You are willing to learn, enjoy collaborating with a team and are eager to advance within the company.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Story research
- Assist editors by pitching stories and pulling in wire
- Write headlines for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com homepages and social media for all content verticals
- Utilize real-time analytics tools to determine desired content placements
- Monitor live streams and press conferences for use on the FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com homepages and social media platforms
- Coordinate the presentation of still photos as well as montages/collages/photo illustrations and slideshows
- Have a creative and sharp eye to produce compelling photo montages and illustrations that can be used on dotcom and social media platforms
- Seek out and identify compelling images from very large selection of wire service, news network and content partner content
- Create slideshows to capture important and compelling events
- Produce Instagram/Facebook stories daily
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, graphic arts, or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
- One year working in daily breaking news environment
- Ability to work under deadline pressures with editors and reporters
- Willingness and ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Proven creative mind with a great eye for detail
- Photoshop, Illustrator and prior experience working in a CMS
- Experience producing/posting for social media platforms
#EntryLevel #EarlyCareer #LI-DNI
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $19.48-25.00 per hour for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $16.00-20.75 per hour for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.