Freelance Podcast Producer, OutKick
Fox Corporation, Remote, Work from USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
OutKick is looking for a Freelance Producer for its growing Podcast line-up. The Freelance Podcast Producer will develop ideas, pitch stories, and work across several Podcasts and their hosts. The Freelance Producer will also direct bookings, edit shows, and work with other OutKick staff to create high-quality content. In addition to their production duties, they will also work closely with the OutKick social media team and web site editors on social media posts and website write-ups to promote the products.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Format, program, coordinate, and produce podcast programming
- Produce podcast segments start to finish, along with coordinating reporter, talent live remotes, and recordings
- Work side by side with OutKick hosts, editors and writers
- Keep content updated by working on developing stories
- Create content to populate our social media pages
- Copy edit scripts for social media show descriptions and podcast introductions
- Fact check copy, QC audio quality, and ensure the final products meet editorial & CMS requirements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience editing or producing all-news, sports radio, or podcast programming
- Communicate with internal teams in strategies to maximize audience and engagement, along with the creation of new weekly & daily content.
- Highly skilled in writing and copy editing as you will be the editorial and technical lead on a multi-genre podcast portfolio
- Strong digital journalism skills and social media experience
- Ability to make the right decisions during breaking news situations as well as during routine shifts
- Ability to interact with high-profile talent
- Avid news consumer with prior journalism experience, preferably in an audio newsroom
- Meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills.
- Creative and “out of the box” thinking
- Work in a 24/7 news operation, we require flexibility in scheduling, including the ability to work nights, overnights, weekends, and early mornings
- Knowledge of iNews and Adobe Audition preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $31.49-37.26 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.
Creative Jobs For You
Marketing Intern (2023) - Mandarin Speaking
HungryPanda, Washington, District of Columbia, us, 20022
Service Delivery Coordinator, Artificial Lift - Anchorage, Alaska
Baker Hughes Holdings LLC, Anchorage, Alaska, United States, 99507
Marketing and Graphic Design Coordinator
Lincoln Property Company Commercial, Inc, Arlington, Virginia, United States, 22201
Marketing Director, Hematology/Urinalysis Solutions & Clinical...
Danaher Corporation, New York, New York, United States, 10261