Associate Producer, Media Desk
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox News is looking for an Associate Producer for the Washington D.C. Media Desk, a service desk for the Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, and dot-com entities. The Associate Producer has a solid understanding of both the technical aspects of digital media and the editorial judgment of a newsroom environment. The Associate Producer has a general understanding of national and international news, as well as a passion for politics and beltway news. A constant sense of urgency is absolutely required in order to make editorial and logistical decisions in this fast-paced news environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor large volumes of incoming media via Satellite, FTP and physical hardware ingest
- Use video hardware to ingest physical media into a digital system (monitoring quality control standards with correct video and audio levels)
- Understand digital video file formats, file conversion, file play-out and file transfer (FTP)
- Understand web video, streaming video, social media, Skype, etc.
- Complete basic desktop edits
- Attend daily interdepartmental meetings to proactively discuss and plan for future events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of live television newsroom experience
- Strong writing skills and editorial judgment
- A passion for current events
- Familiarity with iNews
- Understanding of tape-less workflow in a newsroom
- Ability to work various rotational shifts including days, nights, and weekends
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work seamlessly in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work well with others and help to train co-workers and new employees
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States