Fox Corporation, Orlando, Florida, USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox TV StationsFox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
- Clearly annunciate and delivery news copy using multiple cameras, Teleprompters, IFB’s, monitors, and other broadcast equipment as necessary. Use proper pacing, phrasing, grammar, pronunciation and appropriate emotional range.
- Provide clear, logical, meaningful and appropriate presentation of information and ideas in an unscripted and sometimes distracting environment, such as breaking news or ad-lib situations; handle changes in the newscast smoothly.
- Assume leadership role in the newsroom; by writing and editing copy and provide input on story selection; have active and informed participation in news planning and development.
- Process, prioritize and retain information throughout the newscast, whether from scripts, tapes, interviews, computer messaging, or live reports.
- Research and gather facts/information and write clear concise stories using established style guidelines under deadline pressure as needed.
- Research and gather facts/information to conduct interviews with reporters, analysts and guests on a wide-ranging array of topics
- Be active on social media; engage viewers; promote stories in newscasts and on websites.
- Be in place and ready to perform live 10 minutes prior to your on-air appearance.
- Work effectively with news management and newsroom personnel to develop content and production of newscasts.
- Work independently and with minimal oversight to develop and/or evaluate news leads/tips to develop story ideas.
- Enterprise stories; cultivate sources for news stories; consistently bring ideas to daily news meetings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current local, national, and international events and issues.
- Adhere to all professional broadcast journalism and online journalism standards in regard to legal and ethical issues.
- Act as ambassador for the station to foster public goodwill.
- Adhere to all professional broadcast journalism standards in regard to legal and ethical issues.
- Display and maintain professional appearance, based on newsroom standards, and professional demeanor.
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Commitment to Excellence
- Job Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
Regularly stand; walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; and; talk or hear. Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of three years’ experience working as a reporter and/or anchor in a medium or large market preferred.
EDUCATION: College degree in communications/journalism or related field preferred.
OTHER: Good news judgment and knowledge of fair and accurate journalism practices. Ability to tell stories, ask good probing questions in Q&A with reporters and ad-lib effectively. Strong writing skills and thorough knowledge of current events. Excellent people and communication skills; must be a team player. Working knowledge of newsroom computers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.