Financial Analyst/Sr Financial Analyst, Entertainment Industry
Fox Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Entry Level
We have a great opportunity for a Financial Analyst/Sr Financial Analyst! The Financial Analyst/Sr Financial Analyst, Corporate Accounting is an integral member of the Finance team supporting Bento Box Entertainment. The Financial Analyst/Sr Financial Analyst will support the Corporate finance team with the integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness of the Balance Sheet and P&L for monthly and quarterly close cycles. In addition, this role acts as a backup to our corporate payables and receivables process systems and will also support and assist with the Company’s FP&A needs with respect to budget, forecasting and additional analysis. The Financial Analyst/Sr Financial Analyst will be required to use independent judgment in resolving issues, work independently and strive to complete prescribed tasks timely from the qualitative and quantitative perspective without constant supervision. This role reports directly to the Accounting Manager and will work closely with the CFO.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete assigned duties and tasks within the deadlines provided
- Prepare month-end and quarter-end journal entries related to Bento’s production activity (work-for-hire and owned inventory), including capturing summarized production activity, revenue recognition, license revenue when earned, amortization of costs, etc. and maintaining schedules supporting those entries and related balances
- Prepare month-end and quarter-end journal entries related to development inventory – monitoring and adjusting for payments made during the period, which were accrued at fiscal year-end, monitoring, and writing off costs captured to developments deemed “dead”
- Record weekly/bi-weekly payroll allocation journal entries
- Assist with preparation of other quarter-end entries to maintain books on an accrual basis
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of month-end reconciliations and supporting schedules of all balance sheet and certain P&L accounts
- Assist and back-up on the following recurring tasks assigned to other team members:
- Customer invoicing to our internal production customers and third-party customers
- Receipting of customer payments against outstanding receivable invoices
- Vendor/supplier invoice processing, supplier onboarding using COUPA
- Bank reconciliations / posting other outstanding bank transactions
- Tracking & recording of license revenue received / royalty reports
- Review and process /code monthly credit card statements
- Assist with maintenance of Projects and Customers in Workday
- Become a subject-matter expert on the Company’s FDM structure and coding of transactions
- Assist FP&A team with annual budgeting monthly forecasting, as needed
- Assist CFO with Workday reporting and analysis, as needed
- Assist in any other needs required by the Accounting Manager and CFO
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 0-3 years of accounting/internship experience (private or public) BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Proficiency with MS Excel/Word/Power Point & especially Excel Pivot Tables and be comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels of management
- Understanding of accrual accounting and its implications and has working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to understand the “whole picture” and reasoning behind the tasks that are performed
- Strong analytical thinking
- Ability to work somewhat independently and be resourceful
- Team player attitude
- Strong sense of accountability, strive for excellence, have a “whatever it takes to get things done” mentality and be results-oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while multitasking with attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent follow-up
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Workday Financials and/or Coupa experience.
- Understanding or experience with Entertainment Accounting.
- CPA license or on track for becoming a licensed CPA
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,500.00-105,000.00 annually for California. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.