Assistant Web Producer
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Fox News Audio Assistant Web Producer will support the audio production team in ongoing site maintenance and future development. Reporting to the Executive Director of Web Operations, the Assistant Web Producer role requires strong attention to detail and the ability to meet high-volume demands.
Shifts are a minimum of 8 hours. May include nights and/or weekends to keep services up and running.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and update the website regularly; create web page layouts, graphics for web pages, and new web elements to match creative mockups, using the provided PSD as reference
- Develop content within existing CMS templates and tools, sometimes with a mix of asset types, including video
- Escalate any limitations of design to stakeholders to manage expectations
- Adjust content in a timely manner based on QA and user feedback to ensure the look and layout of content and features match the team’s approval requirements
- Perform routine site audits, as well as ongoing maintenance
- Maintain current knowledge of all CMS updates as new features and enhancements are built according to business needs
- Ensure technical skills are current; develop and execute plans to close skill gaps as necessary
- Support ad hoc content/product requests
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1-3 years of Web Production (Front-End Web Development) experience
- 1+ years of Drupal, and WordPress backend experience and/or other CMS
- Familiar working with PSD files (Photoshop) and exporting image assets
- Experience optimizing site assets (video, images, etc.) for web
- Debugging web pages using devtools
- Managing files on a server using FTP (FileZilla, Cyberduck, etc.)
- Ability to problem-solve, be forward-thinking, and anticipate needs
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Strong communication skills
- Great collaborator
- Curiosity to learn new web technologies and other tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $54,000.00-66,950.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States