Custom Content Editor - Financial Services, Energy and Infrastructure
Future, Washington, DC
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.
In 2019, Future acquired SmartBrief, a leading digital B2B publisher of targeted business news and information. Serving more than 6 million senior executives, thought leaders, and industry professionals, SmartBrief filters thousands of sources daily to deliver the most relevant industry news in partnership with more than 180 trade associations, professional societies, nonprofits and corporate entities. SmartBrief focuses on enriching their audience’s lives through the delivery of pertinent news and content and we are really excited about the partnership and the continued growth of our B2B media offering. Visit www.smartbrief.com for details.
SmartBrief is looking for a Custom Content Editor for it’s Financial Services, Energy and Infrastructure industries. You will oversee the creation of content marketing materials for SmartBrief clients and also edit a number of SmartBrief B2B email newsletters within specific industries. The breakdown of tasks is roughly 70% Financial Services, 20% Infrastructure and 10% Energy. You will report directly to the Director of Content for Financial Services, Energy and Infrastructure.
Please note, we may consider remote applications for this role depending on experience.
- Managing the editorial process for white papers, blog posts, webinars, Q&As, infographics, podcasts and other custom content, from launch calls and topic development through final proofing stages
- Hiring, onboarding and managing freelancers’ and contributors’ research and writing
- You will interact with advertisers on custom content projects, including content discussions, brainstorming, draft revisions, etc.
- You will write custom content and edit contributor-written content
- You will work with sales and product marketing teams to support growth of SmartStudio business, including phone and onsite meetings
- Line editing newsletters (at least two daily)
- You will attend and report from industry events as an industry expert (when appropriate)
What do I need to succeed?
- 2-5 years of experience working with Financial Services, Infrastructure or Energy-related content. Applicants with professional media experience and an education background in Finance will also be considered
- Familiarity with industry trends, policymakers and business leaders
- Experience writing and editing content marketing/branded content materials
- Solid track record of managing freelance writers and other contributors
- Superb client relationship management skills
- Project management experience - this position includes the juggling of multiple projects with different deadlines
- Demonstrable experience creating engaging content for clients that include banks, insurance companies, fintech or other financial services entities
- Confidence and comfort when moderating webinars and/or live panel discussions
- Podcast production
- Experience with Salesforce and Basecamp
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Central office location with cool open plan working spaces and a great rooftop terrace!
- Onsite Gym
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future. Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer.
Want to learn more about Future? Visit Future's website.
Here you can see your future.
Jobs You May Like
Hearst Fellow 2021 - National
Hearst Newspapers, San Francisco, CA USA