Head of Trade Marketing
Future, Atlanta, GA USA
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.
Job Summary & Purpose
The Head of Trade Marketing is a senior position within the trade marketing team with responsibilities to drive collaborative, productive relationships with the North American sales team and deliver insight-driven, creative marketing plans that build our reputation and attract advertisers. The post will refine the Future market positioning for North America and the value proposition for our advertising partners and key media stakeholders.
The position will lead a team and play a key role in liaising with internal stakeholders including our sales, marketing and editorial partners. This individual should have a successful track record of crafting revenue-driving, go-to-market strategies for media companies or publishers.
The ideal candidate is a strategic and creative thinker with a strong work ethic and can-do attitude. The best candidates are creative, fearless, and solutions-oriented problem solvers. Previous management experience required.
Reporting to the Global Director of Trade Marketing, you will join a thriving team of sales-minded marketing professionals..
Key role responsibilities
- Manage, lead and develop a team, inclusive of creative professionals and data specialists
- Oversee project timelines and work stream, ensuring timely delivery as well as best in class execution with a focus on ROI
- Drive innovation by delivering highly impactful marketing plans for our portfolio of brands
- Create first-class marketing materials (media kits, one sheets, newsletters etc) to align with key brand messages and industry events
- Manage Future public relations initiatives and drive awareness of Future and our brands across agencies and clients direct
- Leverage the power of research and analytics resources in order to provide unique insights and powerful storytelling to attract clients
- Ideate marketing opportunities informed by audience data as well as proactively deliver tentpole events for key brand targets and objectives
- Meet with internal stakeholders to understand growth opportunities to ensure consistently relevant and up to date GTM narratives
- Be a brand ambassador for all Future brands and be immersed in media and publishing culture
- Manage the annual budget, inclusive of third party vendors and contractors
The Trade Marketing team serves as the primary contact for all Future sales teams and evangelizes and communicates Future plc’s brand to our advertising partners and media supporters through strategic and creative story-telling.
Trade marketing is responsible for Future brand building, PR, collateral building, client engagement events, and lead generation. The team also generates audience insights for integrated marketing campaigns. The objective of the team is to drive commercial opportunities through creating proactive sales packages, media kits, and case studies as well as GTM trade press and promotional materials to support brand and tentpole moments across a diverse portfolio.
Essential skills and experience
This role is multifaceted, requiring you to work across multiple departments in a global business. We’re a high-performance team looking for someone who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience in advertising sales marketing with ad supported revenue or highly related experience
- Experience in the US media/advertising industry or experience of working with media/advertising organisations
- Experience in managing a team of creative and data-led individuals
- You have experience with integrated marketing planning and execution (digital, content, social, events)
- You have experience producing branded content and events and can speak generally to production costs and requirements
- Comfort with various types and sources of data, and ability to derive insights from data
- You have experience with Marketing automation tools and CRM systems
- You have the ability to cultivate relationships, gain trust and respect, and facilitate efficient, transparent communication with cross-functional partners
- You have a highly collaborative nature and proven ability to collaborate with senior executives, including excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- You are skilled at managing change, conflict, and resolution
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
● Uncapped vacation time (yes you read that right!)
● A share in our success- every member of staff is eligible to receive a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
● Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
● Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
● Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
● Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter explaining a little about yourself.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Future.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Future is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived in 2020, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
Want to learn more about Future? Visit Future's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands