Future, Atlanta, GA USA
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
SmartBrief is seeking a full-time editor to produce email newsletters for B2B and professional audiences, including nonprofit and government leaders.
Our ideal candidate will have a news background focused on business, HR or nonprofit/government issues, will have written or edited professionally for at least 2-3 years, and can produce and edit high-quality content while balancing multiple daily deadlines.
The ideal candidate will be ready to become a known and trusted expert on the industries and trends they cover. Experience managing others, coordinating schedules and overseeing production for one or more publications will be highly regarded.
As Editor, you will need to demonstrate an ability to maintain positive relationships with clients through a collaborative, flexible, communicative attitude and a willingness to take responsibility for and ownership of content. Candidates must be able to independently manage their time and work well as part of a team, including filling in for absent teammates and trying new things when opportunities arise.
Applicants may be asked to complete a writing or editing test, and must be available to start work at 7 a.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
- Edit and manage email newsletters that primarily cover government, nonprofit and business topics with an eye toward using the ideal grammar, style and tone for each particular audience.
- Manage relationships with associations, corporations and other professional clients and content providers.
- Meet deadlines as given and manage multiple deadlines or projects as needed.
- Manage a small team of freelance staff who assist in producing each brief.
- Occasionally publish original content/reporting on relevant topics.
- Publishing experience covering general news, business news, government and/or nonprofit for at least 2-3 years
- Sophisticated understanding of how to find news and information on the web.
- Proven editing skills and comfort with using online publishing tools.
- Ability to edit quickly and accurately on deadline, starting at 7 a.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Desired skills and experience:
- Management experience, such as oversight of writers or editors, coordination of schedules or publications, etc.
- Comfort planning and/or moderating events such as roundtables or webinars
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Uncapped vacation time (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff is eligible to receive a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future - Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 250 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We are looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter explaining a little about yourself.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Future.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Future is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived in 2020, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
Want to learn more about Future? Visit Future's website.
Create the extraordinary.