Editorial Assistant, The Week
Future, Washington, DC USA
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.
Level: Entry Level
About the Team
TheWeek.com is a site for busy, fair-minded people who want to be well-informed about the events of the day without letting the news consume their lives. We publish curated news stories and smart political and cultural commentary from a variety of perspectives.
TheWeek.com is looking for a diligent editorial assistant to join our fast-growing, award-winning news site. This is a full-time, entry-level role with potential for future promotion within the team, and new college graduates are welcome to apply. It’s an excellent opportunity for a creative self-starter eager to join one of the sharpest and hardest-working teams in our industry.
- weekly and daily CMS entry and formatting tasks
- assisting the art director and social media editor with a variety of tasks
- occasional news writing, as needed
The ideal candidate will be reliable, versatile, conscientious, self-directed, and able to work with all departments of our newsroom. Requirements:
- familiarity with digital publishing and content management systems
- facility with social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and Instagram
- at least basic Photoshop skills, though greater competence here as well as experience with InDesign is preferred
- impeccable grammar, humor, and a great attitude
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success - every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Central office locations with cool open plan working spaces
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Future US, Inc. and the Writers Guild of America East.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived in 2020, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
Want to learn more about Future? Visit Future's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Business/Technology Journalist for Digital Media News Site
CyberRisk Alliance, Remote, Work from USA