Future, Remote, Work from USA
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Future is a global, multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions through expert content, world-class events, and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
SmartBrief, a Division of Future, is the leading digital media publisher of targeted business news and information by industry. By combining technology and editorial expertise, SmartBrief delivers the most relevant industry news to nearly 6 million senior executives, thought leaders, and professionals. SmartBrief focuses on enriching their audience’s lives through the delivery of pertinent news and content and we are really excited about the partnership and the continued growth of our B2B media offering. Visit www.smartbrief.com for details.
SmartBrief is seeking a full-time editor to oversee a group of email newsletters that summarize news about technology-related topics, including cybersecurity, consumer electronics, AI and computing, for a B2B audience. Candidates would need to be available to start work at 6 a.m. ET Monday through Friday.
Qualified candidates must have a news background focused on the technology field, have written or edited professionally for 3-5 years, and be able to produce high-quality content while balancing multiple daily deadlines. Comfort with the basics of technology-focused writing is a must.
The ideal candidate will be ready to become a known and trusted expert on the trends and topics important in the technology industry that readers would find interesting and relevant. Experience managing others, coordinating schedules and overseeing production for one or more publications will help strong candidates stand out for future opportunities.
Candidates also need to demonstrate an ability to maintain positive relationships with clients, by bringing a collaborative, flexible, communicative attitude and a willingness to take responsibility for and ownership of content. They must have the ability to independently manage their time amid sometimes competing priorities. And they must work well as part of a team, including pitching in when there is a need and trying new things when opportunities arise.
Applicants will be asked to complete a timed writing test.
- Edit and manage e-newsletters covering a range of technology topics with an eye toward using the ideal grammar, style and tone for a particular audience.
- Manage relationships with associations, corporations and other business clients as well as content providers.
- Meet deadlines as given and manage multiple deadlines or projects as needed.
- Manage a small team of freelance staff who assist in producing each newsletter.
- Occasionally publish original content/reporting on technology-related topics.
What do I need to succeed?
- Publishing experience covering a range of technology-related news
- Sophisticated understanding of how to find news and information on the web.
- Proven editing skills and comfort with using online publishing tools.
- Ability to edit quickly and accurately on deadline, starting at 6 a.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Management experience, such as oversight of writers or editors, coordination of schedules or publications, etc.
- Strong editing skills
- Comfort planning and/or moderating events such as roundtables or webinars
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived in 2020, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
Want to learn more about Future? Visit Future's website.
Create the extraordinary.