Personal Finance Editor, Kiplinger
Future, Atlanta, GA USA
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.
About the role:
This highly prestigious leadership role in the Kiplinger Wealth Hub is tasked to deliver clear, actionable, personal finance guidance for parent company, Future PLC, home of the world’s largest and best-loved websites such as Tom’s Guide and Marie Claire.
This role may be based out of our Washington DC or Atlanta offices.
The Hub is the central launchpad to guide a mainstream audience of tens of millions, across multiple Future brands, to understand the various and wide-ranging facets of personal finance. Topics such as how to qualify for a mortgage, how to choose the best tax software, what is an NFT or simply how to save money on Netflix will be tackled by the Wealth Hub.
Crucially, you will collaborate with, and have access to, some of the greatest personal finance experts in the US to help you deliver on that exciting objective, as The Hub is powered by the multi-award-winning Kiplinger team. Kiplinger, best known for Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine and Kiplinger.com, has produced the highest-quality content for more than 100 years, helping millions reach their financial goals.
The exceptional candidate will have ten or more years’ experience writing and editing personal finance content for a US audience online. A broad understanding of financial topics such as saving money, investing, taxes, mortgages, loan management, etc is required.
If your goal is to help others reach their financial goals, we want to hear from you.
You will not only ensure our brands are a powerful force in personal finance content today, but you will have an eye on the future to ensure we keep up with the latest trends. Or even better, to create new trends, both in our content and as a wider business.
You will also have a single minded focus to help your team grow by coaching and guiding your writers to meet their objectives of helping our users and to help them develop their careers.
You’ll have a keen understanding and passion for everything users need to take control of their finances to save money or grow their net worth. You will ensure your team’s output breaks down complex financial jargon to make it easily understandable to an audience which may need a helping hand, and do so in an engaging way.
You will be committed to first-class processes to grow the site by creating a culture of following SEO best practice and using data to pick stories.
You will keep your promises, be a highly organised planner and be a great communicator to ensure everyone in your team is clear on their objectives.
- You will manage a team of staff writers and freelancers to ensure they produce engaging copy and to help them advance in their careers.
- Day-to-day, you’ll be accountable for producing brilliant tips, features and how-to guides, tailored to specific audiences, all underpinned by our SEO strategy.
- You will have a strategic eye to grow the site for the future.
- You will be on top of news trends to ensure we never miss an opportunity to produce relevant content.
- You will have a multi-media outlook to be able to translate great copy into shareable social media content or video.
- You will collaborate with the highly experienced Kiplinger team to garner their expertise.
- You will work closely with brands teams within Future to ensure all articles fit their helpful and jargon-free tone of voice.
- You will also have a key focus on great web user experience so our users can easily action any tips we bring them in our articles, whether that is to find the right link to apply for a product or how to use an in-house calculator with ease.
- You will work with the audience team at Future to ensure we are always answering the public’s key questions around personal finance.
What do I need to succeed?
- Substantial experience in a fast-paced editorial environment, with a good chunk of that leading a team.
- A proven track record of producing great content and growing businesses you’ve been part of, with an ability to think qualitatively and strategically.
- A passion for helping your team develop their careers.
- Applicants should feel comfortable analyzing the intricate nature of financial products to be able to help readers understand the best deals for them.
- You should be comfortable with producing plain English copy by breaking down complex financial jargon.
- A high comfort level with content management systems.
- A familiarity with SEO best practices and analytics-driven content strategy.
- Understand and embrace social media and other evolving digital platforms.
- Passionate commitment to quality, timeliness, and accuracy.
We are Future. We’re a global brand powerhouse, delivering original content, expertly produced through more than 240 brands across tech, gaming, women's lifestyle, homes, finance, music, sport and more. We reach 1 in 3 people every month in the US but we aren’t stopping there.
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right)
- A share in our success - every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flexible spend account
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
It's a fast paced environment as we continuously look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. If you are a collaborative disruptor who can see a way to play a part in delivering our bigger picture with personality, finesse and courage, then we want to hear from you. Let’s do this.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we’re going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness. Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived in 2020, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
Want to learn more about Future? Visit Future's website.
Create the extraordinary.