Marketing and Communications Specialist
Greenberg Traurig, Miami, FL USA
Work at Greenberg Traurig
Salary: We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Specialist in our Miami office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is client-service oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. The Marketing and Communications Specialist will help create and implement communication strategies that reflect the firm’s brand positioning and achieves strategic, proactive media coverage for the Miami and Florida offices, as well as the global Corporate Practice and Latin America Practice. This candidate must be a strong writer with established media relationships, who is accustomed to working under tight deadlines, possesses strong attention to detail and remains calm under pressure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works hand in hand with the Director of Communications, Marketing and Communications team, and the office and practice leaders to create a proactive communications program that supports the strategic objectives of the firm, offices, and practices
- Develops story/content priorities and outreach strategies designed to build thought leadership including media placements, bylined articles, speaking engagements, multimedia presentations, and other targeted efforts
- Writes press releases, internal communications and other media collateral as needed
- Plans, researches, writes, and executes awards submissions and nominations
- Interviews attorneys and ghost writes content for various external publications and platforms
- Identifies opportunities to place attorneys/stories in client-facing media, including local, national, legal, business, and trade publications
- Provides strategic and creative support for internal and external communications programs, writes/designs collateral as needed for handouts, the firm’s Internet, presentations, white papers, etc.
- Coordinates with attorneys and marketing/business staff to develop office and practice-specific marketing and communications plans
- Provides media relations support, including pitching and monitoring interviews and prepping attorneys with talking points and media coaching
- Provides social media support, including drafting targeted posts and assisting with attorney training
- Focuses on media outreach and press releases for lateral hires throughout Florida and globally for the corporate practice
- Collaborates with marketing and other business professionals throughout the firm
- Other responsibilities as needed
Skills & Competencies
- A self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently and proactively
- Ability to synthesize complex information into a compelling narrative for media, or firm use
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Candidates must have outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to communicate effectively with attorneys and professionals at all levels
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong client-first work ethic
- Must be attentive to detail, work well under pressure, and manage simultaneous, tight deadlines
- Preferred candidates will have excellent writing/copyediting skills, including specialized experience in business and/or legal writing
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Advanced knowledge and familiarity with The AP Style Guide, as well as the rules of English grammar and style are required
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience as a business or legal journalist preferred. Ideal candidate will have 8-10 years professional experience as either a business/legal writer or managing PR for a law firm or professional services industry
- Track record of successful media placements designed to build thought leadership
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Writing portfolio that demonstrates experience translating complex topics into compelling copy
- Strong understanding of the news media and existing media relationships
- Well-versed in identifying PR risk issues and providing office/practice leaders with guidance and coaching to help make decisions
- Experience in leveraging social media channels to achieve maximum exposure
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.
About Greenberg Traurig
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1,950 attorneys serving clients from 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is No. 1 on the 2015 Law360 Most Charitable Firms list, third largest in the U.S. on the 2015 Law360 400, Top 20 on the 2015 Am Law Global 100, and among the 2015 BTI Brand Elite. More information at: www.gtlaw.com.
Want to learn more about Greenberg Traurig? Visit Greenberg Traurig's website.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States