Hadassah, New York, NY USA
Work at Hadassah
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The copywriter will be responsible for creating and trafficking content and copy that helps advance Hadassah’s mission of healing.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write broad range of marketing and communications assets (articles, ads, brochures,
video and podcast scripts/caption editing, emails, annual reports, one-pagers, PowerPoints, presentations, talking points, etc.)
- Editing, fact checking, copy editing and proofreading
- Perform research on assigned topics and Interview relevant people to find more information.
- Provide regular reports on content performance in collaboration with MarCom and other division and dept. directors
- Collaborate with MarCom creative team and other divisions on marketing and communications strategy/plans as needed.
- Manage copy calendars and keep department on deadline.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a writer (preferably non-profit), marketing/advertising agency and/or digital media.
- 1+ years of experience with project management
- Experience creating content ranging from web articles to brochures, and comfortable with best practices for creating digital and print content.
- As necessary, communicate and collaborate with communications, marketing, designers, and other teams, both internally and with agency partners or other external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to create compelling and creative materials.
- Strong editing/proofreading skills.
- Experienced with project management tools and software, like Basecamp and/or Salesforce.
- Well-versed in the rules of grammar, NY Times style, and other stylistic and publishing conventions
- Knowledge of writing for SEO is a plus
For more than a century, Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc. (HWZOA), has provided outstanding and highly innovative medical care; shared its passion for the land, people and future of Israel; and empowered women to take charge of their health and their lives. Every year, our hospitals in Israel treat more than 1 million patients of every race, religion and nationality, and our medical breakthroughs save lives all over the world. In the United States, our wellness initiatives create healthier communities and our advocacy efforts empower women to effect change on a wide range of issues. None of these achievements would be possible without Hadassah’s unique partnership among its highly experienced volunteer leaders and staff; more than 300,000 dedicated members, Associates, donors and supporters; and an outstanding professional team.
Want to learn more about Hadassah? Visit Hadassah's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands