Senior Marketing Writer
Hadassah, New York, NY USA
Work at Hadassah
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Senior Marketing Writer is a strategic communication professional who will collaborate with the Director of Strategic Communications and social media staff to focus and hone Marketing and Communications messages for maximum impact and create powerful communications and marketing assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Marketing & Communications staff, other internal teams, as well as volunteers across the organization in the New York headquarters and through Hadassah’s US and Israel offices.
- Write for different audiences, including Hadassah leaders, existing and potential new members and donors.
- Responsible for content creation from ideation to completion including managing review and approval process.
- Collaborate on and/or create copy and content for articles, advertising, video storyboards/production, email communications, website, podcasts, PowerPoint presentations, event materials, collateral materials, campaign themes, and more. Editorial writing experience is a plus.
- Copy edit, proofread, and fact check as needed.
- As necessary, edit materials from internal sources and from freelancer contributions.
- Source and edit user-generated contributions from both leadership and membership for various communications vehicles.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to consistently brainstorm strategies and tactics for engaging our audiences
- Interview subjects and produce articles and other content for the website and other digital platforms, as needed.
- 5+ years of experience as a writer and editor for highly visible organizations (preferably non-profit), marketing/advertising agency and/or digital media.
- Genuinely knowledgeable and passionate about the topics and cultures that relate to our mission.
- Experience producing stories ranging from essential Q&A-driven articles to research, and best practices for writing for the web content.
- As necessary, communicate and collaborate with communications, marketing, designers, and other teams, both internally and with agency partners or other external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and oral) with strong presentation skills and the ability to create compelling and creative materials.
- Strong editing/proofreading skills.
- Well-versed in the rules of grammar, NY Times style, and other stylistic and publishing conventions
- Knowledge of writing for SEO is a plus
For more than a century, Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc. (HWZOA), has provided outstanding and highly innovative medical care; shared its passion for the land, people and future of Israel; and empowered women to take charge of their health and their lives. Every year, our hospitals in Israel treat more than 1 million patients of every race, religion and nationality, and our medical breakthroughs save lives all over the world. In the United States, our wellness initiatives create healthier communities and our advocacy efforts empower women to effect change on a wide range of issues. None of these achievements would be possible without Hadassah’s unique partnership among its highly experienced volunteer leaders and staff; more than 300,000 dedicated members, Associates, donors and supporters; and an outstanding professional team.
Want to learn more about Hadassah? Visit Hadassah's website.
Home of the world’s best books.