Director, Digital Advertising
Harpercollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at Harpercollins Publishers
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
HarperCollins Publishers is seeking an experienced Director of Digital Advertising to oversee the execution and optimization of digital advertising campaigns across the General Books division. This role is responsible for guiding the strategy, deployment, effectiveness, and measurement of all online spend through direct execution, management, training, and thought leadership. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Digital Sales and Marketing.
- Oversee the work and development of one Marketing Associate
- Directly oversee and execute Amazon Advertising, Facebook, and Instagram spend
- Serve as subject matter expert and advisor to imprints on additional platforms, including Google, YouTube, Goodreads, and LiveIntent
- Serve as primary point of contact with all ad platform partners and conduct regular business reviews to ensure implementation of best practices across divisions
- Track all online ad spend for sales and marketing effectiveness and advise imprints and division on optimum budget allocations by channel
- Collaborate closely with data and analytics teams to report regularly on best practices firmly grounded in ROI
- Work with business development on negotiations with key vendors
- 5+ plus years work experience in online advertising, analytics, and attribution
- Demonstrated commitment to tracking ad spend through to point-of-sale
- Experience with Amazon and Facebook advertising a must
- Experience with Google Analytics or other analytics suite a must
- Proven analytical and presentation skills
- Comfort with Tableau and Google Data Studio a plus
- Familiarity with retailer affiliate programs a plus
- Publishing industry experience preferred
- Prior people management experience a must
- College degree or equivalent work experience required
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
About Harpercollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Create the extraordinary.