Marketing Manager (International Sales)
Harpercollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at Harpercollins Publishers
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The International Sales Department is searching for a Marketing Manager who will be responsible for coordinating our marketing efforts with HarperCollins companies in Canada, UK, ANZ, and India and overseeing and implementing marketing plans in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, Caribbean, and Africa. The Marketing Manager will work on all imprints Adult and Children and across all formats, Physical, E-books and Digital Audio. This position will report to the SVP of International Sales.
- Oversee the marketing and promotion of HarperCollins English language titles outside the U.S.
- Build a strong working relationship with the marketing teams at affiliate companies and distributors, including colleagues at Harper Australia, Harper New Zealand, Harper India, Harper360 UK, Harper Canada, and our South Africa distributor.
- Work closely with international sales reps and accounts in the Open Market to develop marketing campaigns, promotions, and merchandising.
- Work with the International Sales team and affiliates to determine marketing focus titles by region and communicate marketing initiatives with affiliates and accounts.
- Collaborate with HarperCollins’ U.S. marketing teams to extend the reach of domestic campaigns.
- Create and implement international marketing campaigns in select markets by title, author, genre, and brand.
- Attend regular marketing meetings for both Children’s and Adult divisions and report regularly on marketing updates to affiliates and the international sales team.
- Work with publicity to maximize opportunities with authors who travel internationally, have large international fanbases, or significant international contacts.
- Execute and analyze international online advertising and promotion, including social media advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
- Coordinate the use of all promotional materials, both digital and physical, that can affect international sales.
- Work with the design team to create advertising and promotional material, both print and digital.
- Oversee the creation of International Sales bi-yearly customer catalogs for the Frankfurt and London Book Fairs.
- Identify and pursue outside partnerships for cross-marketing opportunities.
- Work with International Sales Director to determine marketing focus titles for Amazon Germany, and oversee and execute all amazon.de merchandising and advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate annual bookseller events in select markets, including the creation of a comprehensive presentation and catalog.
- Manage of Int’l Sales website and author landing pages.
- Travel 3-4 times per year to attend book fairs and international bookseller events, plus attendance at company sales conferences.
- Manage the International marketing budget.
- Manage and oversee the department Marketing Assistant.
- Pitch titles to international online influencers, book bloggers, and bookstagrammers.
- Oversee creation and distribution of weekly and monthly marketing Newsletters.
- A 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of publishing experience in a sales, marketing, and/or account management capacity
- Detail-oriented, well organized, able to set priorities and juggle multiple projects under pressure
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Amazon is a plus
- Prior management experience, a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally 3-4 times per year, dependent upon Business need
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
About Harpercollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Create the extraordinary.