Director, Marketing (Digital)
Harpercollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at Harpercollins Publishers
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
HarperCollins Children’s Books is currently seeking a Director, Marketing to join the team!
The Director, Marketing will lead the execution and effectiveness of our digital marketing activities with a focus on customer acquisition, retention, and book sales. This position will partner with the Sr. Director, Marketing to develop and execute digital marketing strategies that drive HarperCollins Children’s book sales, build and scale consumer brands, and enhance the consumer experience across multiple digital channels and online touchpoints. Combining creative thinking with a metrics-based approach, the ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge and understanding of digital marketing trends and best practices – encompassing content marketing, social media activations, video production and strategy - as well as experience partnering with cross-functional teams, including editorial, marketing, sales, IT, authors/illustrators, and other key stakeholders - to speed digital innovations from ideation to market.
- Oversee a team of 4 marketers (focused on social media) and 2 in-house video producers/editors, outside vendors, and partners
- Spot digital trends, understand new technologies and social media behavior and align these with business objectives to create new and innovative digital marketing opportunities to maximize brand exposure, increase traffic, and drive sales
- Serve as day-to-day project lead to develop, test and implement digital initiatives to scale existing consumer-facing brand channels, including Epic Reads, Shelf Stuff, Harper Kids and HarperStacks
- Work across teams to help identify video content pieces needed for engagement campaigns and develop data-driven strategies to optimize video performance to boost views, engagement, and subscribers
- Partner with Marketing Teams across the organization to strategize and build creative, integrated digital campaigns
- Provide in-depth analysis measuring the success of campaigns/tools and communicate the results to all relevant stakeholders
- Oversee video team to modulate workload and work to stay apace with new video strategies
- Build and evolve prioritization roadmap for digital initiatives across the department
- Have a strategic POV on emerging platforms and how they can be leveraged for audience growth based on business goals
- Participate in regular Marketing, Sales, and cross-functional meetings and brainstorms
- Lead strategic projects related to potential new digital initiatives to help determine direction and prioritization
- 8-10 years prior experience in a digital marketing management role
- Strong understanding of the role digital plays across multiple disciplines – branding, media, social, video, promotions, entertainment, research, product, and customer engagement
- Strong analytical skills with proven marketing analytics experience
- Advanced understanding of video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, IGTV, Tiktok
- Familiarity of best practices for SEO and discoverability on YouTube, Facebook and other video platforms
- Experience in crafting marketing plans and video content ideation for social platforms
- Excellent technical understanding and ability to learn new tools quickly
- Demonstrated ability in developing teams, promoting teamwork both within area of direct responsibility and across groups
- Must be partnership oriented and have the ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of stakeholders in a timely manner and guide collaborative work teams to bring digital campaigns and solutions to life
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and relationship management skills - deep cross-functional collaboration is required
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
About Harpercollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Create the extraordinary.