Associate Director, Marketing
Harpercollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at Harpercollins Publishers
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
HarperCollins is seeking an Associate Director, Marketing to focus on commercial women's fiction, historical and contemporary romance, and rom coms!
- Conceive, develop and execute marketing campaigns, in close collaboration with authors, for approximately 24 books per season
- Communicate detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors.
- Present campaigns formally in key meetings.
- Advise authors on building and optimizing their social media presence and overall platform.
- Contribute to the growth strategy for Imprint social media accounts.
- Develop a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, sell-in materials for reps and accounts, social media copy and images, videos, social media graphics, and email copy for consumer-facing promotions.
- Participate in the planning and preparation for all seasonal sales meetings.
- Oversee budgets for assigned titles and help manage imprint marketing budget.
- Engage in branding initiatives for the imprint and bestselling authors such as Julia Quinn and the Bridgerton brand, Talia Hibbert, Alyssa Cole, and others.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing and improving campaigns—new tools, platforms, partners, outlets, best practices, marketing trends, etc.
- Manages at least one direct report.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 6 years of hands-on book marketing experience- with increasing levels of responsibility for title marketing and people management
- Experience creating compelling campaigns for both fiction and non-fiction titles
- Excellent leadership skills, project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization, and presentation skills a must
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company and bring enthusiasm and creativity to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital publishing and book marketing landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and metadata best practices and how they apply to books as a marketing and sales tool
- MS Office Suite required and Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Passion for the book publishing business
When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
About Harpercollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Create the extraordinary.