Associate Publicist - International Sales
Harpercollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at Harpercollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers has a unique and exciting opportunity for an Associate Publicist to join the International Sales Department. Reporting to the Manager, International Sales, the Associate Publicist will be responsible both for handling HarperCollins’ international publicity efforts for English-language titles and for supporting the Manager, International Sales and HarperCollins affiliate offices around the world. This position will work across all HarperCollins imprints (Adult & Children) and formats (Physical, E-books, and Digital Audio) and is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to make a difference in expanding our international presence!
Under direct supervision of the Manager, International Sales:
- Coordinates HarperCollins publicity efforts with international affiliate companies and distributors in Canada, UK, ANZ, India, and South Africa.
- Handles select publicity campaigns in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Africa.
- Builds strong relationships within publicity departments at HarperCollins U.S. and international affiliates/distributors.
- Provides publicists at international affiliates and accounts with press materials, relevant title/author information, author access, and support.
- Collaborates with Harper U.S. publicity teams to coordinate media exclusives and reserves time for author interviews/events on behalf of international affiliates.
- Acts as point person for international publicity to HarperCollins U.S. colleagues.
- Works with U.S. teams to maximize opportunities for authors travelling internationally, have a large international following, or significant international contacts.
- Assist with running regular publicity calls with affiliate teams and monthly departmental publicity meetings
- Fields international publicity requests and set up reviews, features, and author interviews for focus titles/markets.
- Sends physical and digital media review copies for significant coverage opportunities.
- Works closely with International Sales Reps and accounts to arrange targeted local coverage.
- Coordinates with festivals, bookstores, and accounts to organize virtual / physical events for authors traveling, living abroad, or invited overseas.
- Builds a working knowledge of major international media outlets and maintain relationships with contacts.
- Keeps international media hit and media contact grids up to date.
- Keeps US teams and International Sales Department informed of international publicity hits and events.
- Attends regular company meetings (Sales Conference, Imprint Marketing Meetings, etc.) and distributes information to affiliates and accounts.
- Contributes to HarperCollins International social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) as needed.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of publicity experience in book publishing, media, magazines, or entertainment with a proven track of individual campaign management
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities
- Proven ability to collaborate with a team
- Creative, innovative, and resourceful approach to publicity
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate appropriately across all levels and divisions of the company as well as with external parties
- Strong interpersonal skills for internal and external networking
- Proficiency in Cision, Microsoft Office, and managing databases
- Willingness to travel internationally and/or domestically 3-4 times per year to attend bookfairs/international bookseller events/company sales conferences, dependent upon Business need
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
About Harpercollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Create the extraordinary.