Senior Marketing Manager
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Children’s Books is seeking a creative, organized, and dynamic Senior Manager, Marketing to work on title-specific early reader marketing campaigns on a wide variety of children’s books and brands which will include: board, picture, early reader and chapter books. The titles will range from classic authors to major celebrity and influencer authored books. Duties include managing title budgets, developing and executing marketing plans with an emphasis on digital and social strategy, presenting at internal and external meetings, and copywriting. This role will also oversee a Marketing Associate on the team. The right candidate will be an imaginative, detail-oriented, proactive, and strategic professional who can multi-task, set priorities, and manage a multitude of complex projects within budget and on tight timelines.
- Conceive, develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns for key titles and brands.
- Develop positioning and brand messaging for estates and key backlist titles and execute integrated marketing campaigns utilizing digital as well as traditional media.
- Communicate detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors.
- Present campaigns and overall strategies formally in key meetings.
- Participate in the planning and preparation for all seasonal sales meetings.
- Advise authors on building and optimizing their social media presence and overall platform.
- Develop and produce marketing collateral for campaigns including but not limited to presentation documents, sell sheets, and account request grids, and communicate updates effectively with sales and editorial departments.
- Write ad and social media copy, provide design direction, and conceptualize short- and long-form content including videos, social graphics, blogs, etc. for consumer facing campaigns.
- Work closely with Director and digital team on content strategy for our early reader social media platforms, including seasonal campaigns and team initiatives.
- Oversee budgets for assigned titles.
- Manage at least one direct report.
- Prepare marketing proposals for potential acquisitions.
- Explore and cultivate strategic promotional partnerships with third parties.
- In post pandemic times, possible travel to represent HarperKids at consumer and trade festivals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of hands-on book marketing experience- with increasing levels of responsibility for title marketing and people management; children’s book experience preferred.
- Excellent project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
- Comfortable presenting to large groups, internal and external stakeholders, prospective authors, and celebrities, performers, politicians, thought leaders, etc.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company and bring enthusiasm and creativity to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and organization
- Strong understanding of the planning stages of a publishing campaign, from preorder to on-sale to lifecycle, and ability to communicate clearly about the processes and goals at each phase
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and metadata best practices and how they apply to books as a marketing and sales tool
- MS Office Suite required, Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Passion for the book publishing business
- Talent at balancing priorities under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
- Willingness to experiment and think creatively about book marketing
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Media Jobs For You
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Playback Services, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California