Corporate Communications Manager
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins is looking for a strategic, proactive, and collaborative manager to join the HarperCollins Corporate Communications team in a newly created position. You will play an important role in supporting the global Corporate Communications function—advancing key messaging and elevating HarperCollins initiatives and executives internally and externally through internal channels, social media strategy, and press outreach. You will utilize your corporate communications/public relations expertise to help us strengthen the brand and build culture.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Communications team to write internal newsletters and communications, work with various divisions within the company to gather data and information, manage internal schedules and editorial calendars, and handle various internal communications special projects as requested.
- Support ongoing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion communications, including gathering information and writing newsletters, coordinating events, drafting intranet postings, and working with the social media team to align internal and external messaging.
- Manage virtual/in-person employee events, including coordinating schedules, bookings, invitations, etc.
- Support comprehensive external strategic communications and media relations to advance the company’s goals and build its reputation as needed, including drafting press releases, responding to media inquiries, and booking speakers at industry events.
- Identify proactive media opportunities for HarperCollins and HarperCollins executives and handle outreach with minimal supervision.
- 4-6 years of experience in communications/public relations
- Proven ability to manage projects independently
- Proven experience with strategic media relations
- Comfortable working with senior-level executives on messaging, speaking opportunities, media requests, internal communications, and more
- Proven ability to collaborate internally and externally, bring people together, and influence across all levels
- Experience working on CSR and/or Diversity & Inclusion communications and programs preferred
- Experience managing reputational/branding on social media preferred
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, PowerPoint, and/or SharePoint a plus
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at a time, work independently and prioritize accordingly
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3839/...
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Creative Jobs For You
Manager, Marketing Video Production
Achievement Network (ANet), Flexible, Massachusetts, 02115-3153 United States