Marketing Manager – HarperOne
HarperCollins Publishers, San Francisco, CA USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins is currently seeking a Marketing Manager with experience in influencer activation to strategize, plan, and execute marketing campaigns for the HarperOne Imprint.
HarperOne is one of four imprints in the HarperOne Group, whose mission is to publish books for the world we want to live in. Together the HarperOne Group acquires books that represent a broad and diverse collection of voices, cultures, and perspectives and shares a commitment to publishing books that matter, enlighten, and entertain. HarperOne’s core categories include personal growth, the environment, religion and spirituality, science and technology, health and healing, and social change.
- Works collaboratively with authors and in-house publicity, editorial, and sales teams to develop and execute book marketing plans across a variety of books.
- Identifies target audiences for each book and plans appropriate activations to reach those audiences, using consumer insights tools and data when available/appropriate.
- Writes creative and effective copy for social media, print and digital advertising campaigns; maintains existing relationships with ad reps and brainstorms new opportunities and venues.
- Strategizes social media content for each campaign, including creating content plans for authors’ platforms, guiding authors on their platforms, and developing content for the author and their network of supporters/influencers/tastemakers.
- Collaborates with creative services team and freelance photographers to manage creation of ads, graphics, and other assets.
- Establishes best practices for our team around outreach to influencers—including planning and executing mailings to author lists as well as establishing our own lists and outreach mechanisms for booksellers, librarians, other organizations, bookstagrammers, and other influencers.
- Identifies, pitches, and executes partnership opportunities for books and authors where possible.
- Creates and updates title marketing records, catalog marketing bullets, and marketing update docs.
- Communicates marketing plans and developments with key stakeholders, including authors, agents, and in-house teams.
- Presents marketing plans at key divisional meetings, including weekly Sales & Marketing meetings, Pre-Sales, and Sales Conference.
- Contributes content, ideas, and activations to the HarperOne social channels.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4+ years marketing or publishing experience
- Strong knowledge of social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok)
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- High level of professionalism, attention to detail, and organization
- Interest in trends in books, publishing, media, marketing, social media, and/or sales
This role is currently based out of San Francisco, California. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3861/marketing-manager-%e2%80%93-harperone/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
Creative Jobs For You
PEP, Associate Producer, News & Programming, CNBC Digital Video
NBCUniversal, LLC, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey