Assistant Manager, Sales
Harpercollins Publishers, New York
Work at Harpercollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is seeking an Assistant Manager of Premium Sales for the Special Markets department. This position will be responsible for working with new and existing accounts to secure premium, promotional, and corporate sales for both adult and children’s titles to consumer-packaged goods, food and beverages, games, apparel, pharmaceuticals, communications providers, software, and financial services.
- Manage custom printing from sale to printing and delivery of finished books for Premium Sales.
- Work closely with internal colleagues (editorial, marketing, publicity, and inventory) and external contacts to maximize each title’s potential in the marketplace, overall sales, and market share with key accounts.
- Responsible for selling on a monthly/seasonal basis and conduct in-person and virtual seasonal previews.
- Create and maintain a monthly forecast for each account and communicate in a constructive manner the opportunities and challenges.
- Craft targeted pitches, business development emails, and seasonal PowerPoint title and theme presentations.
- Meet with brand partners to create CPG bundling opportunities.
- Daily functions will include maintaining contact with existing accounts and establishing new relationships to secure ongoing new business.
- Presenting to key accounts on a seasonal basis.
- Candidate must have at least five years of publishing experience, preferably in Special Markets or Custom Publishing
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a highly organized individual who has the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Attention to detail is required
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That's why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
About Harpercollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Media Jobs For You
Sales Administration Asst. Manager, Worldwide New Media Servicing
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California