HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Children’s Books, one of the leading publishers of children’s and teen books, is currently seeking a Senior Publicist to join its publicity team. This candidate will work on a wide variety of bestselling titles across all imprints. The ideal candidate is creative, enthusiastic, and has a positive, can-do attitude.
- Work independently on publicity campaigns for authors and illustrators of picture books, middle grade and young adult novels, as well as franchise/brand programs.
- Pitch and secure interviews, features, and review coverage with national and local media, including broadcast, print, and online blogs and sites.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media including TV/radio producers, book reviewers, as well as booksellers/event coordinators.
- Research and develop relationships with new media outlets for potential coverage
- Plan and execute author appearances including multi-city book tours, virtual appearances, local appearances, school visits, and special events.
- Arrange all travel for assigned authors and create tour schedules.
- Write compelling press releases, pitches, and other promotional materials relating to a book’s campaign.
- Brief authors and editors for media interviews and accompany them to NYC based media bookings and events.
- Attend several festivals and conventions a year.
- Collaborate closely with the publicity team as well as editors, agents, and the marketing, sales, and digital teams.
- Minimum 3-4 years of publicity experience required
- Experience in children’s publishing or media is preferred
- Proven ability to generate creative angles, pitches, and secure off the book page coverage
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to represent campaigns to authors, agents and internally in meetings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills
- A college degree or equivalent experience
This role is currently based out of New York, NY. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3914/...
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands