Senior Marketing Associate
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is seeking a creative and energetic individual to join the Harper Perennial and Harper Paperbacks marketing team as a Senior Marketing Associate. The Senior Marketing Associate will work on paperback originals, reprints, and backlist campaigns, and will be responsible for contributing to the imprint’s overall social media and influencer strategy.
- Creates and executes marketing plans for titles under minimal supervision and supports Marketing Director and Marketing Manager on the execution of their plans.
- Presents plans in meetings with sales, editors, authors, agents, and the publisher.
- Works with authors on their social media platforms, creating campaigns, timelines, etc. for the ramp-up to publication.
- Contributes to social media accounts and is responsible for growing current platform.
- Contributes to influencer strategy and bookstagram outreach.
- Secures title specific as well as imprint-wide cross promotional partnerships with third party brands and corporations.
- Liaises with publicity, editorial, ad/promo and sales on AREs, galleys, and all collateral material needed for reps, booksellers, and consumers.
- Handles advertising campaigns across titles.
- Minimum 3+ years of publishing experience required; marketing experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of social media and digital platforms (e.g., Facebook, Canva, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok)
- A capable and clear presenter in group and one-on-one situations
- Ability to work collaboratively
- A motivated self-starter with a love for books
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Graphic design experience and video editing is a plus
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3928/...
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Director, Program Management, Personalization Tech Delivery, P...
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York