Assistant Marketing Manager (Digital Projects)
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Children’s Books is seeking a talented and organized assistant marketing manager of digital projects to help increase the company’s reach and engagement with readers across social and digital media. The assistant marketing manager will lead the Children’s influencer network, communicating with hundreds of bookstagramers, booktubers, and booktokers in our network, sending them new books and opportunities each season, and keeping track of their social media posts and projects. Additionally, the assistant marketing manager will work closely with the social media managers to maintain an organized social media calendar and contribute content ideas, while also working closely with the category marketing teams to ensure important titles are included across digital projects. This position will also manage administrative tasks, blog scheduling, and quick links. This position will report to the marketing manager (social media). As this role works across three unique brands (HarperKids, Shelf Stuff, Epic Reads), the right candidate should be able to adapt their voice and ideas to speak to viewers of all demographics and ages (early readers, GenZ, and their parents).
- Manage the full lifecycle of social media influencer programs each season: selecting the ideal influencers to work with for each program, outreach/communication, book mailings, and final reporting.
- Manage administrative tasks including onboarding freelancers/agencies and processing invoices.
- Work with the social media managers and category marketing teams to maintain an organized social media calendar and ensure the correct titles are being included in all social efforts.
- Manage collections, quick links, and blog scheduling on the Harper Children’s and Epic Reads websites and blog pages.
- Collaborate closely with brand marketing teams, authors, and creative/video teams to execute cohesive title-specific campaigns across social media that will help reach book sales goals.
- Occasionally ideate and produce social media content across the HarperKids, Shelf Stuff, and Epic Reads social channels
- Experience coordinating with influencers in both a paid and unpaid capacity and strong knowledge of up-and-coming talent
- 3+ years’ experience using social media management and analytical tools (Salesforce, Falcon, Hootsuite, Dash Hudson, or the like) for listening, scheduling, engaging, and reporting
- Exposure to website and/or blog page coordination
- Passion for and knowledge of the book community, experience in publishing strongly preferred
- Awareness of current culture, values, and trends as they relate to early age, middle grade, and teen readers
- Results-driven, organized, and self-motivated, with strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate with sensitive language/around delicate subjects
- Willingness to occasionally be featured in social media content a plus
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That's why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3952/assistant-marketing-manager-%28social-media%29/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.