Senior Designer - Children's
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
We are currently seeking an organized and motivated Senior Designer to join the HarperCollins Children’s Design team. In this role, the Senior Designer will handle reprints for all formats and assist the Sr. Art Director as needed on special design projects.
- Design and coordinate ongoing reprint requests for all formats and imprints with minimal supervision.
- Reprint corrections may include image retouching so expertise in Photoshop with an artistic sensibility is required.
- Strong problem solver with knowledge of the design challenges that may arise in reprints.
- Coordinate reprint corrections and special projects in a timely fashion and keep supervisor in the loop.
- Release all projects on schedule and be aware of production status.
- Look for a to improve workflow and process and report any findings to supervisor.
- Minimum 6 years of design experience required
- Book design experience required; Children’s book experience preferred
- Solid understanding of book production process, color correction of proofs, timely routing of materials
- Pre-press experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines independently
- Strong Mac skills and design skills using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- A strong interest in children’s books
- College degree or equivalent work experience in Graphic Design, Typography, and/or Illustration preferred
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That's why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3956/senior-designer---children%27s/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.