Senior Marketing Manager
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing to run title-specific marketing campaigns and participate in strategy and management for Harper Wave and Harper Business.
- Conceive, develop, and execute marketing campaigns, in close collaboration with authors, for 5-10 books per season.
- Communicate detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors. Present campaigns formally in key meetings.
- Advise authors on building and optimizing their social media presence and overall platform.
- Contribute to the social media growth strategy for the imprints.
- Develop a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, sell-in materials for reps and accounts, social media copy and images, videos, infographics, and email copy for consumer facing promotions.
- Participate in the planning and preparation for all seasonal sales meetings.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with publicists on each campaign.
- Oversee budgets for assigned titles and help manage the imprint marketing budget.
- Secure title specific as well as imprint-wide cross promotional partnerships with third party brands and companies.
- Engage in imprint branding efforts as needed.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing and improving Harper Business and Harper Wave campaigns—new tools, platforms, partners, outlets, best practices, marketing trends, etc.
- Work closely with the HarperCollins sales team to provide support in the form of materials, ideas, communication about developments with our books, retail opportunities, and more.
- Co-manage a member of the marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 6 years of hands-on book marketing experience with increasing levels of responsibility for title marketing and people management
- Experience creating compelling non-fiction campaigns
- Excellent leadership skills, project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization, and presentation skills a must
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company and ability thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A positive, can-do attitude plus possesses the ability to work well with different types of personalities
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital publishing and book marketing landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and metadata best practices and how they apply to books as a marketing and sales tool
- MS Office Suite required, Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Passion for the book publishing business
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3990/senior-marketing-manager/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Creative Jobs For You
Sr. Product Manager, Video Player Platform, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations