HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to provide support to the finance team in the Corporate Finance division. This position is the perfect opportunity for someone who likes to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment!
- Develops the monthly forecasts, annual budget and the Three-Year Plan analysis.
- Assists in the timely and accurate monthly financial close: analyzes results, including variance reconciliation, consolidations, generates reports and makes journal entries.
- Coordinates and manages the preparation of the monthly metrics memos/presentations.
- Gathers business unit-level requirements for all core processes in collaboration with various finance functions and business units.
- Evaluates current business processes, eliminates duplications and coordinates information requirements in order to increase productivity across various business units.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Manages special projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience; background in finance, accounting, economics, or business preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance concepts and principals
- Excellent verbal, analytical, written and interpersonal skills
- Communicates effectively with all levels of management
- Meets deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Identifes and solves problems
- Delivers value added analyses
- Takes initiative on projects
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint; Hyperion Planning and Smartview knowledge a plus
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that HarperCollins Publishers does not accept resumes from agencies unless our Human Resources department has authorized in writing a specific agency to submit resumes for a specific position. Therefore, if an agency submits a resume without Human Resources’ prior written approval to do so, the individual identified on that resume will not be considered a candidate presented by your company.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3994/financial-analyst/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.