Marketing Associate - HarperCollins 360
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins 360 is seeking a Marketing Associate to join the New York-based team of this global HarperCollins program, publishing a select group of adult and children’s titles from HarperCollins UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and India into the US marketplace. This position will work with the department to implement marketing plans for HarperCollins 360 titles. We are a small and innovative team; if you love books, have great ideas, a positive, can-do attitude, and enjoy working in a small, collaborative environment within a larger organization, we look forward to meeting you.
- Supports Senior Marketing Manager and Affiliate Publisher with campaigns seasonally for a variety of fiction, nonfiction, and children’s titles.
- Participates in seasonal planning meetings and weekly marketing meetings for imprint and attends company wide marketing, digital marketing, and social media strategy meetings.
- Devises and implements online advertising campaigns including both social media and consumer advertising.
- Handles digital asset acquisition including quote cards, book trailers, audiograms, and more.
- Posts on the HC360 social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) with an eye to increasing engagement.
- Stays up-to-date with book marketing and advertising trends and potential new social channels and strategies to keep us ahead of the curve.
- Liaises with and schedules features in the various HarperCollins newsletters, blogs, and the main Harper website and social media platforms.
- Devises creative consumer sweepstakes and explores any new ways to engage and reach our target audiences.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of publishing experience, marketing preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong follow-up skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of basic HTML, Canva, and Photoshop, a plus
- Knowledge of various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook (including their advertising platform and Business Manager), and Instagram
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Interest in book publishing industry and consumer marketing
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3970/marketing-associate---harpercollins-360/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.