Marketing Manager (Social Media) - William Morrow
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
The William Morrow group at HarperCollins is looking for a Marketing Manager to work alongside title marketers to implement strategy, execution, content creation, and analytics for the social accounts for all Morrow imprints and platforms. This role will be responsible for planning and executing results-oriented social media marketing campaigns for select publications across the Morrow, Mariner, Dey Street, Avon, Harper Voyager, Book Club Girl, and Harvest brands.
We are looking for a proactive, organized, lifelong learner to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience marketing to consumers using a mix of digital and traditional channels, can tailor writing and voice to different audiences in an accessible way, and is passionate about trends in digital content, marketing, and new platforms.
- Act as social lead, including content creation, publishing schedule, engagement, audience growth, and measuring results, for priority brands, including William Morrow, Mariner Books, and Harvest Books social media channels.
- Conceptualize and execute social media strategy across William Morrow group channels, with an eye towards developing consistent brand voices and identity.
- Work collaboratively with title marketers to advise and refine best practices for social media workflow, using new marketing technology to streamline and scale efforts.
- Work with key stakeholders in-house (marketing, editorial, and publicity) and externally (authors and agents) to prioritize content and promotions on a seasonal and ongoing basis, shifting content as needed to respond to sales and media opportunities.
- Liaise and act as an expert for authors with major social platform or social media–heavy preorder campaigns and work with our digital sales teams to execute division-wide D2C group campaigns across front and backlist titles.
- Work with publicity on social influencer campaigns, including Bookstagram.
- Research, recruit, and create new direct relationships with Bookstagrammers to build awareness for our books and campaigns.
- Significantly increase both engagement and followers on social media channels through unique reader experiences and promotion opportunities, including partnerships, fan acquisition campaigns, and high-value giveaways.
- Apply knowledge of analytics, digital media channels, consumer trends, and business needs to identify and implement new ways of connecting with and engaging readers.
- Test and evaluate analytics, new social and content strategies, tactics, and partnerships to drive sales; measure ROI on these strategies.
- Provide regular updates to the business on performance updates, strategy, consumer insights, goals and campaign results, learnings, and trends to the marketing team on a quarterly basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with contacts at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc., to identify how to best market our books using their new programs and products.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in consumer-facing social media, digital marketing, or digital content/publishing
- Expert knowledge and use of social media platforms and tools
- Deep understanding of how content resonates on different types of social/digital platforms, internet best practices, copywriting, and editorial style guides
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the reading community and passion for books is a plus
- MS Office Suite required, Adobe Creative Suite, Video development and Photoshop skills a plus
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3970/marketing-associate---harpercollins-360/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.