HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
Dey Street Books, an imprint of the William Morrow Group at HarperCollins, is seeking a creative and energetic Marketing Director. Dey Street publishes high-profile politicians, thought-leaders and celebrities including Jessica Simpson, Gabrielle Union, Rachel Hollis, Dave Grohl, Lindsey Vonn, Jay Glazer, Samantha Power, Ilhan Omar, Sopan Deb, Nora McInerny, Jessie James Decker, Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik and Roger Bennett.
- Lead the marketing strategy and marketing vision for the Dey Street imprint and work with team of marketers on the execution of all industry and consumer-facing marketing campaigns.
- Conceive, develop, and execute 8-10 marketing campaigns per season, in close collaboration with authors and internal team.
- Communicate detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors. Present campaigns formally in key meetings.
- Advise authors on building and optimizing their social media presence and overall platform. Hands-on with authors where necessary.
- Manage members of the marketing team.
- Contribute to growth strategy for imprint’s social media accounts.
- Develop a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, consumer-facing digital assets, promotions, and social media copy and content.
- Participate in the planning and preparation for all seasonal sales meetings.
- Oversee budgets for assigned titles and help manage imprint marketing budget.
- Secure and oversee title specific cross promotional partnerships with third party brands and companies.
- Engage in industry and consumer-facing imprint branding efforts as needed.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing and improving imprint campaigns—new tools, platforms, partners, outlets, best practices, marketing trends, etc.
- Work closely with the HarperCollins sales team to provide support in the form of materials, ideas, communication about developments with our books, retail opportunities, and more.
- At least 7-10 years of hands-on book marketing or publicity experience
- Experience working with high-profile individuals and celebrities preferred
- Experience creating compelling campaigns for nonfiction titles for high profile authors
- Excellent leadership skills, project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A positive, can-do attitude plus possesses the ability to work well with different types of personalities
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and organization
- Demonstrated leadership and experience managing a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of book marketing landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and metadata best practices and how they apply to books as a marketing and sales tool
- MS Office Suite required; Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Passion for the book publishing business
- College degree or equivalent work experience
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.