Senior Production Editor - William Morrow
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins is seeking a Senior Production Editor for the William Morrow Group. The Morrow Group is comprised of several imprints – flagship imprint William Morrow, as well as Dey Street Books, Mariner Books, Harvest, and Avon Books – and publishes a range of titles across most publishing categories, from bestselling mysteries and romances to prize-winning literary fiction, cookbooks, politics, and pop culture titles. The Morrow Group’s authors include Neil Gaiman, Julia Quinn, Dave Grohl, Lucy Foley, Tabitha Brown, Joe Hill, Joanna Gaines, Ree Drummond, and more. In this role you will work on titles across all Morrow imprints.
- Handles the production editorial process from manuscript to bound book for simultaneous projects, utilizing electronic workflow.
- Assesses manuscripts for copyediting and the styling of all design elements using proprietary Microsoft Word styles, for design and composition.
- Engages with freelancers and ensures that project standards and deadlines are met.
- Collates and processes proofreads and slugs in Adobe Acrobat, and checks all stages of interior proofs and PDFs.
- Copyedits flap and cover copy, and proofreads and checks all stages of jacket/cover proofs.
- Evaluates and coordinates artwork and/or back-matter materials.
- Copyedits and proofreads ancillary material, such as front matter, back matter, cover copy, teaser excerpts, etc.
- Works with editors, designers, and production managers in anticipating and resolving problems.
- Shepherds multiple projects while maintaining high standards of quality control and meeting strict deadlines, often under tight production schedules.
- Provides backup for the department as needed.
- Significant prior relevant work experience, 5+ years in trade book publishing, preferably in production editorial or managing editorial
- 4/c experience required, cookbook experience a plus
- Interest in nonfiction
- Solid copyediting and proofreading skills; knowledge of industry standards, including The Chicago Manual of Style; college-level understanding and use of the English language
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to set priorities and juggle workload in a fast-paced environment
- Must interact well with colleagues of all levels from various departments
- Must possess college degree or equivalent experience
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4054/senior-production-editor---william-morrow/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.