Editor - Avon/William Morrow
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins is currently seeking an Editor for Avon/William Morrow. In this role you will have an opportunity to work on a variety of genres from romance to commercial fiction.
- Solicits, acquires, evaluates and develops manuscripts and proposals.
- Contributes to and participates in short and long term development of the publishing program.
- Manages and coordinates editorial production and publication schedules.
- Oversees fact sheet, jacket and catalog copy; reviews marketing and publicity materials.
- Conducts and analyzes sales research, with a deep understanding of P&L's.
- Develops and maintains agent and author relationships.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant editorial experience
- Established agency contacts
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong, succinct presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels across the organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and set priorities under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
This role is currently based out of New York, NY. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4060/editor---avon-william-morrow/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.