Manager of Production Finance - HarperCollins Productions
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Productions is the media division of one of the oldest and most celebrated American book publishers. This division is responsible for developing HarperCollins properties into multi-media brands (across tv, film, and digital). This role has two main responsibilities: managing finance for projects currently in production and general accounting for the HarperCollins Productions department.
- Work with Production, Legal, Business Affairs and Corporate Finance teams to effectively manage the financial operations for productions.
- Coordinate show budgeting process and production accounting process from prep until production.
- Support new projects in development by creating budgets and cash flow forecast models.
- Manage the set-up of show accounting system using appropriate payroll software
- Implement uniform reporting requirements, accounting procedures and oversee production accounting for international dual currency animation and live action television series for streaming platforms.
- Oversee cost report package delivered by production accountant, (including cost report, general ledger, trial balance, variance report and detailed cash flow) monthly to internal finance team, production executives and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with international production accounting teams concerning timely cost reporting and production funding.
- Key financial management liaison between production executives, show accountants, show producers, and greater finance organization.
- Review cash flow schedules and funding requests in accordance with deals and schedules.
- Research and track available tax incentives, residuals and royalties and prepare reporting.
Departmental Finance Responsibilities
- Create department forecast and profitability estimates
- Track contract deliverables and invoices for vendors, licensees, and distributors for other departmental projects
- Keep record of invoicing for the fiscal year and interface with vendors who inquire about invoicing status
- Track OpEx/CapEx spend for Productions department
- Forecast and track licensing revenue for brands as well as departmental revenue from television and gaming projects.
- Support corporate reporting requests.
- Experience setting up production accounting systems and payroll
- Experience with Movie Magic Budgeting and cash flows
- Experience with Smart Accounting production software
- Strong proficiency with Excel and Adobe XL Pro used for payroll and invoices
- Team-oriented, works collaboratively across multiple groups
- Very strong organizational skills and ability to proactively suggest new solutions and systems.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Flexible and agile thinker who can help operationalize a new business from a finance perspective
This role is currently based out of New York, NY. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4073/manager-of-production-finance---harpercollins-productions/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.