Designer - Children's
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
We are currently seeking a creative and motivated Designer to join the HarperCollins Children’s Design team. In this role, the Designer will design covers and interiors for chapter books, graphic novels, middle grade and young adult titles.
- Work collaboratively with Art Directors and Editorial teams to develop innovative book packaging from early creative concepts through delivery of final, print-ready files.
- Keep projects on a schedule and release meet printer deadlines.
- Color correct art with production and editorial teams.
- Provide design support to supervisors, as needed.
- Provide general assistance on special projects, as needed.
- Minimum of 3-5 of design, preferably print, preferred.
- Highly Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set priorities under pressure and manage time accordingly.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- College degree or equivalent work experience in Graphic Design, Typography, and/or Illustration preferred
This role is currently based out of New York, NY. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employee
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4067/designer---children%27s/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands