Assistant Editor - HarperOne Group
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Editor to join the HarperOne Group in New York. The Assistant Editor will provide administrative and editorial support to an Executive Editor on a variety of titles. The Assistant Editor will also be integral in working on titles for the Martin Luther King Jr. Library, as HarperCollins is now the official publisher of the MLK Estate and will be publishing select books in the coming years. An interest in, and passion for, Dr. King's body of work would therefore be a great asset in this role.
The HarperOne Group acquires books that represent a broad and diverse collection of voices, cultures, and perspectives and shares a commitment to publishing books that matter, enlighten, and entertain.
- Maintains communication with authors and agents.
- Writes jacket copy, flap copy, sales notes, and fact sheets.
- Assists in acquisition process by performing research on sales numbers and competitive titles, and evaluating book proposals.
- Edits select manuscripts under supervision.
- Transmits manuscripts and manages the publication process by liaising with other departments.
- Performs administrative and editorial duties and assists in coordinating the publication process from manuscript to book.
- Writes correspondence, memos, and completes internal forms; masters intranet programs.
- Must have a minimum of one year prior relevant work experience
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This role is currently based out of New York, NY. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4090/assistant-editor---harperone-group/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands