Senior Publicist / Publicist
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins is seeking an Publicist or Senior Publicist for the Harper Imprint.
- Works independently publicizing books and authors of wide variety of fiction & non-fiction titles including commercial & literary fiction, business, design, celebrity and more.
- Schedules interviews with broadcast, print, and online media, developing proper angles and briefs authors on how to handle interviews.
- Schedules author tours with both traditional bookstore appearances and off-site events involving third party partners.
- Actively develops and maintains media contacts, including national, regional, local and online.
- Writes press releases, pitch letters, and other promotional materials relating to a book’s campaign.
- Works closely with directors on developing creative publicity plans for each campaign.
- Works closely with marketing, sales, online marketing, and editorial.
- Provides feedback on publicity potential of book proposals and attends meetings with prospective authors and agents.
- A minimum of 3 years prior work experience in Publicity, a minimum of 4 years prior experience in Publicity to be considered at the Senior Publicist level, with an emphasis placed on booking top-line media in both traditional and digital outlets and author tours
- A proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of the media and a familiarity with book reviewers, magazine editors, and bloggers
- Experience working on fiction and nonfiction campaigns
- A deep understanding of the digital media space, including bloggers and social media
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to act as an ambassador and influencer to the media, agents, authors and other opinion formers to reinforce the reputation of HarperCollins as a major, innovative publisher
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional writing skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- A college degree or equivalent experience
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4116/senior-publicist---publicist/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.