Desktop Project Coordinator - Children's Book Group
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Children’s Books Group is currently seeking a Desktop Project Coordinator to enter editorial corrections to digital files for a wide variety of titles—from board books through young adult novels—under all of the Children’s Books Group imprints.
Specifically, the Desktop Project Coordinator performs a variety of desktop publishing tasks from manuscript through bound book.
- Inputs accurate text changes to InDesign files for current projects and reprints as marked by the editor, copy editor, and author in a corresponding PDF.
- Works closely with designers and production editors to maintain schedules, juggling priorities as needed.
- Efficiently uses the company’s content management system to complete assigned tasks.
- Transmits updated materials using Dropbox.
- Archives reprint and other production materials in the company’s digital asset management system.
- Supplies preview materials to online vendors.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience is preferred
- Prior desktop publishing experience is a plus, preferably with a quality children’s publisher
- Knowledge of proofreading symbols, Microsoft Word, Acrobat, and InDesign
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and maintain consistent high quality under pressure
- Comfortable with a digital workflow
- Brings a flexible, upbeat attitude to the job and enjoys working with a like-minded team
- College degree or equivalent experience required
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4112/desktop-project-coordinator---children%27s-book-group/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Director of Programming and Community Affairs
Hearst Television, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, United States