HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
Harper, a division of HarperCollins Publishers is seeking a creative and energetic individual to join the marketing team as a Marketing Associate. This marketing team works on the Harper hardcover, Harper Design, and Broadside Books imprints, which publish a range of award-winning and bestselling books in the following genres: literary fiction, thrillers, nonfiction (including memoir, history, and politics), and design. The Marketing Associate works closely with the Senior Marketing Director to provide support as well as to create and execute title marketing campaigns.
- Create and execute marketing plans for 5-8 titles a season.
- Collaborate on select large-scale marketing campaigns with a Senior Director.
- Communicate detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors. Present campaigns formally in key meetings.
- Work closely with authors to develop and execute title marketing campaigns that include pre-order timelines and advising on social media.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with publicists on each campaign.
- Develop a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, sell-in materials for reps and accounts, social media copy and images, and email and advertising copy for consumer facing promotions.
- Help post creative content on the imprint’s social media accounts, help grow our numbers and engagement, and execute imprint newsletters.
- Participate in the planning of, preparation for and presentation at all seasonal sales meetings.
- Minimum 2+ years of publishing experience required; title marketing experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of social media and web technologies (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, Shortstack, Email deployment)
- Proficient in basic computer applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; knowledge of basic HTML, CMS and Photoshop a plus
- A capable and clear presenter in group and one-on-one situations
- Ability to work collaboratively
- A motivated self-starter
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills; exceptional attention to detail
- College degree or equivalent work experience
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4142/marketing-associate/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.