Remote Designer - HarperOne Group
HarperCollins Publishers, Remote, Work from USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
We are seeking a creative and motivated remote Designer to join the HarperOne Group team. In this role, the Designer will be responsible for creating original and matchinterior designs for fiction, non-fiction, illustrated, and four-colortitles in both English and Spanish languages. This is a great opportunity to learn about book creation while working with and supporting the Design Manager.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Design, Editorial, and Production teams.
- Create original designs for interiors and match designs.
- Prepare design files for our in-house composition team.
- Handle paperback conversions, including resizing pdfs.
- Adjust acquired files from other publishers and outside designers.
- Page first pass and input corrections for some titles.
- Create final files for inserts and other ancillary book components and editions.
- Preflight and release interior files to the printer.
- Organize art to transmit to production.
- Color correct with production and editorial teams.
- Keep projects on a timely schedule and keep supervisor in the loop on projects.
- Archive all projects on time and be aware of production status.
- Provide design support to manager, as needed.
- Provide general assistance on special projects, as needed.
- Assist with some administrative tasks (font and art purchases, contracts, and invoices).
- Minimum 2 years of design experience preferred
- Some interior book design experience preferred
- College degree or equivalent work experience in Graphic Design, Typography, and/or Illustration preferred
- Strong Mac skills and design skills using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Basic understanding of production process, color correction, and holding schedules a plus
- Pre-press experience a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to set priorities under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Excellent attention to detail
When applying, please provide a link(s) to online portfolio or work samples.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4136/remote-designer---harperone-group/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Associate Director, Design - Square Enix (Manga & Video Game B...
Penguin Random House, New York, NY