Publicity Manager – HarperCollins Children’s Books
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Children’s Books, one of the leading publishers of children’s and teen books, is currently seeking a Publicity Manager to join its publicity team. This candidate will work on a wide variety of bestselling titles across all imprints with a focus on franchise publishing programs, media tie-ins, and celebrity author projects. The ideal candidate is creative, enthusiastic, and has a positive, can-do attitude.
- Spearheads publicity campaigns for authors and illustrators of picture books, middle grade and young adult novels, including franchise publishing programs, media tie-ins, and celebrity author projects.
- Pitch and secure interviews, features, and review coverage with national and local media, including broadcast, print, podcasts, and online blogs and sites.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media including TV/radio producers, book reviewers, as well as booksellers/event coordinators.
- Actively develops relationships with new media outlets for potential coverage
- Plan and execute author appearances including multi-city book tours, group author tours, virtual appearances, local appearances, school visits, and special events.
- Arrange all travel for assigned authors and create tour schedules.
- Write compelling press releases, pitches, and other promotional materials relating to a book’s campaign.
- Brief authors and editors on how to communicate key messages in media interviews/appearances.
- Attend several festivals and conventions a year and accompany authors to media bookings and events as needed.
- Build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships with authors, literary agents, media contacts and internal stakeholders.
- Manages at least one direct report
- Minimum 4 years of publicity experience required with an emphasis placed on booking national media in both traditional and digital outlets and author events
- Experience in children’s publishing or media is preferred
- Proven ability to generate creative angles, pitches, and secure off the book page coverage
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to represent campaigns to authors, agents and internally in meetings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills
- A college degree or equivalent experience
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
This role is currently based out of New York, NY. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4192/publicity-manager-%e2%80%93-harpercollins-children%e2%80%99s-books/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.