National Account Rep – Online Retail Sales
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins is seeking a National Account Rep to join the Online Retail Sales team. This position will be responsible for selling all imprints under the HarperOne and Harlequin divisions to Amazon. In this highly visible role, the National Account Rep will coordinate with their Amazon sales colleagues and other internal departments to analyze sales trends and performance data, manage account inventory, drive category growth, and secure key merchandising opportunities. This role requires careful coordination with editorial, marketing, and publicity as a means of positioning Harper titles for maximum exposure, sales, and growth. This candidate will work directly with the Amazon editorial and buying teams to optimize sales on Harper titles.
- Prepares and present seasonal title presentations to the Amazon editorial team, including strategic and innovative ways to grow revenue by category.
- Monitors account inventory levels, and provide sales and inventory projections to the production and operations teams to inform print runs.
- Collaborates with colleagues on the HarperCollins Amazon sales team on marketing and merchandising initiatives, including managing on-site merchandising, curating store pages, and coordinating Amazon pay-per-click advertising.
- Liaises between account and internal departments to champion Harper title performance.
- Fields general requests regarding account-related issues from internal stakeholders.
- Identifies and optimize metadata opportunities.
- Analyzes category and title performance metrics to identify growth opportunities for frontlist and backlist titles.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of publishing sales experience
- Knowledge of online sales channel, evolving e-commerce trends and overall book market
- Experience working with digital marketing and metadata preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and take initiative in a deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with employees across all levels within an organization
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4215/national-account-rep-%e2%80%93-online-retail-sales/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Engineering Manager, VOD Media Workflows, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations