Field Sales Representative – Southeast
HarperCollins Publishers, Remote Work, Southeast USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
Are you passionate about books and connecting books with readers? HarperCollins has the exciting opportunity for a Field Sales Representative to join our Independent Retail Sales Team.
The person in this role will lead the day-to-day relationships with the independent bookstores in their assigned territory. They will be responsible for selling all frontlist and backlist titles across the HarperCollins Adult and Children’s lists. This position is our indie accounts’ primary point of contact for all things HarperCollins, and will forge relationships based on trust, open and timely communication, and a strong knowledge of our lists and processes.
In addition to their selling responsibilities, the Field Sales Rep will provide feedback on an ongoing basis to Sales Leadership, Publishing, Marketing, and Publicity on what is happening in the marketplace for their territory with title sell-in and category trends.
The Field Sales Representative will report to the VP, Deputy Director of Sales. This position will sell Adult and Children’s titles to independent bookstores in the Southeast territory (FL, GA, SC, NC) and will be based out of the Atlanta or Jacksonville areas.
- Manages the day-to-day relationship with the independent bookstores in the assigned territory.
- Sells front list titles to independent bookstores in the assigned territory.
- Conducts regular backlist inventory reviews for assigned stores, with an emphasis on maximizing sales growth.
- Stays abreast of current publishing trends, develops, and maintains a deep knowledge of the breadth of the HarperCollins complete catalog.
- Develops and maintains strong partnership relationships with account base.
- Keeps manager, sales colleagues, and publishers informed on what is working in assigned accounts.
- Develops account-specific promotional and marketing plans to support publisher programs and priority titles.
- Attends and participates in meetings and shares ideas and opportunities to grow the business. Meeting attendance will be both virtual and in person.
- Attends regional trade shows, author signings/pre-pub events, staff picks and other industry and account-related events in the territory.
- Self-manages the territory and office: itinerary, travel, analysis, email, sales materials, etc..
- Minimum of 3 years’ prior retail, sales, or marketing experience; bookstore or publishing experience is a plus
- Self-starter with enthusiasm and ability to take initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong follow-up skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and recognize new sales opportunities
- Ability to travel regularly via car and/or plane; driver’s license required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Edelweiss a plus
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4270/field-sales-representative-%e2%80%93-southeast/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands