Marketing Associate - HarperVia & Amistad
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
We are currently seeking a Marketing Associate to conceive and execute the marketing campaigns for an assigned list of books and projects for the HarperVia and Amistad imprints of The HarperOne Group at HarperCollins Publishers.
This position is based out of NYC on a hybrid schedule.
- Creates and executes marketing plans for 7-10 titles a season.
- Communicates detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors. Presents campaigns formally in key meetings.
- Works closely with authors to develop and execute title marketing campaigns that include pre-order timelines and advising on social media.
- Coordinates marketing efforts with publicists on each campaign.
- Develops a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, sell-in materials for reps and accounts, social media copy and images, and email and advertising copy for consumer facing promotions.
- Helps post creative content on the imprint’s social media accounts, help grow our numbers and engagement.
- Participates in the planning of and presentation at all seasonal sales meetings.
- Minimum 2 years of marketing experience in book publishing or a similar industry
- Knowledge of literary fiction market
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A positive, can-do attitude plus possesses the ability to work well with different types of personalities
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- High level of professionalism, attention to detail, and organization
- Passion for diverse books
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital publishing and book marketing landscape
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4282/marketing-associate---harpervia-and-amistad/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA