Marketing Coordinator – Marketing Operations
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
Are you a hyper-organized, forward-thinking taskmaster who takes pride in getting all the little details right in every project you take on? Do you enjoy puzzling together how processes and systems work, and the ways in which they could be made more efficient and easier for everyone involved? Are you an excel prodigy? Are you interested in being at the forefront of creating and coordinating digital sell-in materials for a leading Children’s publisher and making an essential impact? We have a role that might be right up your alley!
HarperCollins Children’s Books is seeking a Marketing Coordinator in the Marketing Operations department to handle several key functions for the division. Duties include overseeing Children’s digital selling materials, voicegalley advanced audio editions, and our presence on Netgalley and Edelweiss. Role also includes development and coordination of divisional deadline and scheduling tools, as well as support for our seasonal catalogs. The role includes essential collaboration with a multitude of departments including Editorial, Man Ed, Marketing, Publicity, and Design.
- Coordinates all digital selling materials for the Harper Children’s group, including egalleys, voicegalley advanced audio editions, and our egalley presence on Netgalley and Edelweiss. This includes uploading and maintaining titles, planning and scheduling content with internal stakeholders, communication and tracking of materials with departments, and regular reports of data and analysis of egalley and voicegalley performance on both platforms. Regular coordination with Managing Editorial, Marketing, and Design teams to support the children’s presence across all titles.
- Partners with the Publicity team to approve all egalleys and voicegalley requests in Netgalley and Edelweiss.
- Develops training materials for teams and coordinates best practice documents.
- Responsible for the development and project ownership of our voicegalley advanced audio edition program, which includes building schedules, coordinating with internal stakeholders and outside vendors, and uploading and communicating with all parties.
- Maintains central divisional marketing operations calendars and schedules for all key stakeholders, soliciting information from teams as well as communicating essential dates, tasks, and responsibilities for the division, including seasonal title assignments.
- Supports Conferences & Conventions team with internal meetings for Presales and Sales Conference, including PowerPoint creation, data aggregation, and follow ups with Marketing and Publicity teams for supporting materials.
- Supports Marketing Operations division for Edelweiss catalog and print selling materials as needed, and lead for backlist catalog needs and processes.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in either a Marketing Operations, Managing Editorial, or Administrative role – with experience in maintaining schedules and budget coordination. Children’s book experience not required
- Must be incredibly proactive, detail-oriented, and very organized
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience with Edelweiss, Netgalley, Basecamp, and Adobe Creative Suite programs a plus
- Must thrive on working closely with different teams and satisfying multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4306/marketing-coordinator-%e2%80%93-marketing-operations/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.