Sales Support Coordinator – Special Markets
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins is seeking a Sales Support Coordinator to provide support to the Special Markets division, specifically focusing on assisting the Premium/Subscription Box Team and Author Relations. The position requires a dedicated, organized individual with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. You will interact with both in-house Sales, Marketing, Logistics and Editorial colleagues as well as external customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Author Orders/Author Event Orders:
- Is responsible for all author and non-bookstore author event orders.
- Handles regular communication regarding quotes, order processing and order tracking information.
- Coordinates with inventory regarding stock needs for author accounts.
- Provides support for Special Markets sales query email box and directs queries to the correct channel/rep.
Support Premium/Subscription Box Associate Director in the following ways:
- Responds to customers’ requests for samples and general inquiries.
- Coordinates internally with editorial for requested author involvement.
- Provides regular communication regarding order processing and order tracking information.
- Participates in department discussions and becomes well-versed in the book market by reading upcoming titles.
- Provides administrative support for channel meetings.
- Responsible for ad hoc projects and requests from Associate Director as needed.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible, reliable, and efficient
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- A motivated self-starter with a love for books
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4327/sales-support-coordinator-%e2%80%93-special-markets/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands